Special Commitment to Timing
Although we strive to see each patient within a few minutes of their arrival to our ER reception room, children are given the highest priority and are typically brought straight back to a comfortable and private evaluation room. Not only will your child be expedited to a private room, but they will be seen on a priority basis by our physicians. Check-out and discharge from Elite Medical Center are also given special attention so that you and your loved ones can return home promptly upon completing treatment.
When children feel safe and comfortable, they have less anxiety about the visit to the doctor’s office or emergency room. We design our emergency rooms to be just that; comfortable, safe, with updated color schemes and nurturing artwork designed to be less frightening than an adult exam room might seem to a child. We also maintain kid-friendly toys and stuffed animals to help calm and reassure your child during their emergency. Furthermore, by offering your child and family a clean and private area in which to be treated, we minimize the risk of exposure to other illnesses that are present in the typical emergency setting.
Our professional staff has extensive experience in caring for neonates, infants, toddlers, and children of every age. We are trained in every aspect of pediatric emergency care. We view ourselves as team members with you in the care of your child, and we will extend every available resource and comfort measure to ensure your child has a positive experience at Elite Medical Center.
Kid-Friendly Testing and Procedures
Sometimes, the physician may need to evaluate blood or urine specimens from your child to help determine whether an emergency condition exists. We are trained to make these uncomfortable experiences less stressful and to minimize the negative effects upon your child. Calming reassurance, and the use of distractions in infants and toddlers, and setting realistic expectations in older children are aids that our staff will implement to ease the process during your child’s evaluation and treatment.
Rapid Treatment and Pain-control
Whether aches or pains, fevers, fractures and sprains, children in pain require extra special care and attention. We focus on alleviating the discomfort of pediatric emergencies by providing:
- Rapid medication and treatment to reduce fevers,
- Comfortable positioning and splinting of injured extremities,
- Medication to control nausea and vomiting.
- Because of our special commitment to the highest level of technology and pharmaceuticals available for children, many medications can now be administered WITHOUT the use of an IV.
Pediatric Specialty Partners
Our commitment to excellence at Elite Medical Center includes a partnership with local and regional specialists to help continue to the care of your child’s medical and follow-up needs. Should your child require hospitalization, we have strong relationships with local and regional pediatric hospitals and specialists from every field of medicine. Should you require transfer to a pediatric hospital, we will arrange every detail, from communicating with the specialty network of physicians to ensuring safe transport by trained paramedics.
What To Expect
- A welcoming reception area with front-desk personnel ready to greet you.
- A comfortable waiting area with drinks, snacks and a flat-screen LED TV.
- Prompt placement in a private exam room with direct nursing evaluation.
- Quickly seen by the physician within minutes upon arrival at our facility.
- In-house emergency labs performed and resulted within minutes.
- In-house digital X-ray and CT scan as well as bedside ultrasound.
- A quiet environment to provide you expedited and excellent care.